Hidayat ur Rahman is a seasoned ethnographer, archivist, historian, entrepreneur, supply chain specialist and trainer. He is leading the transformation of energy efficiency service providers in one of the most challenging environments in Pakistan. As General Manager, Hidayat aligns strategic vision with a strong understanding of local customer needs & operation requirements across the value chain- growing Ghonsla’s customer reach & sales four-fold, training & mobilizing a team of over a hundred people & effectively introducing & managing innovative product financing. He spent eight years at Ghonsla, achieved the company’s business, social and strategic goals. During his tenure, Ghonsla has successfully tested product mix and value chain management strategies. Since 2016, he is working as a General Manager at Ghonsla Pvt Ltd. (www.ghonsla.com) (https://d-lab.mit.edu/news-blog/blog/scale-ups-fellow-zehra-ali-and-ghonsla-pakistan)
He has vast experience of working in various public and private archives a crossed Pakistan. He has worked seven years in research of State Judicial Council Records Chitral and studies more 36 thousands of judicial records on various topics. Some of main archives works are as followings
- Research work in Peshawar Archives.[Studied around 1200 files]
- Research work in N.W.F.P Archives Library Peshawar.
- Research work in Tribal Research Cell (TRC) Home department, Peshawar [Studied 400 files].
- Research work in Records of Judicial Council of Chitral. [Studied around 36000 files]
- Research work in Ex Colonial Records at D.C. office Chitral [Studied around 500 files]
- Research work in Ex State Revenue Records in Muhafiz Khana (District Record Room) Chitral [Studied 1222 files].
- Research work in Old Records of the office of Land Requisition Chitral [Studied 343 files].
- Research work in Pushto Academy University of Peshawar.
- Research work in Old Records of Shah of Hasanabad, Hasanabad.
- Research work in Old Records of Ex-Ataleq of Chitral [Ataleq house].
- Research work in Old Records of Ex- Aqsakals of Chitral [Aqsakal house].
- Research work in Old Records of Ex- Aqsakal of Molkho and Mastuj [Mirza Khan House].
- Research work in Old Records of Correspondence and Manuscripts of Mirza Muhammad Ghufran [Chronicler] and Ghulam Murtaza [Chronicler], Chitral.
- Research work in Old Records of Wazir Muzafar Khan [Shaliku Lal ]’s house, Shali.
- Research work in the Historical collections of Ghulam Sarwar Sehrai.
- Research work in the Historical collections of Muhammad Irfan Irfan [Grandson of Mirza Muhammad Ghufran].
- Research work in the Historical collections of Qazi of Chitral.
- Research work in the Historical collections of Qazi Muhammad Nizam Ayun.
- Research work in the Historical collections of Haji Abdullah, Ayun.
- Research work in the Historical collections of Muhammad Wali [Lotdur Reshun].
- Research work in the Historical collections of National Archives of Pakistan.
- Research work in the Punjab Public records Civil Secretariats Lahore.
- Research work and Correspondence via Sir Black Bourne and Geoffery Raspin in India Office Records London and British library.(Copied received 60 files)
- Research work and Correspondence via Wolfgang Holzwarth from Resident Kashmir records J&K.
Hidayat has produced dozens of papers and articles which has been published in various national and international journals. His upcoming books are
- Chitral: A Study of Lalship
- Translation of Shahnama of Siyar
- Chitral kay riwayati aur wilayati banduqan
- Nai Tarikh e Chitral kay se lekey gaye
- Mirza Muhammad Ghufran Works and Services
- State Judicial Council of former State of Chitral
- Genealogical studies of the families of Chitral, Asmar, Bajour, Badakhshan and Gilgit Baltistan (Co-author with Sir Black Bourne of England).
Hidayat holds an MBA from a public University & Master’s degree in the field of History, Political Science, International Relations & Commerce.